What is VPS?
VPS is short text for a Virtual Private Server. VPS server is a type of web hosting, VPS bridges the gap between shared hosting and dedicated hosting services. I see that VPS hosting is one of the most popular hosting services, is the best choose for your website. You will have fully permission to do anything that you want with your website. VPS server will give you the independence and flexibility to reboot of a dedicated hosting service. However, VPS has a price at the price of a high-end shared hosting service, it may be cheaper than a high-end shared hosting service.
How does VPS work?
VPS server uses virtualization technology to provide us with dedicated resources on a server with multiple users. The technology behind in a VPS hosting is similar to that of VMware or Virtual Box. They allow you to make several virtualized operating systems on a machine. For example, you can install Windows 7 on your computer, but you can also install other operating systems as Windows XP or Ubuntu on virtualbox without needing to restart your computer.
Each VPS on the machine is like an apartment suite. You can install any software you like or restart your own VPS server without affecting the other VPS hosting on the machine, much like how you can renovate your own suite without affecting the others.
Why you should use VPS?
- Flexibility: You have fully permission to do anything. You can install any software( php, mysql server, varnish cache, opc cache … ). So you can improve server to get the best performance for your website.
- Independence: If you have ever used a shared hosting server, maybe you know that the problems with one website might cause the entire server to go down, it will make all of the other websites on that server also to go down with it. This cannot happen on a VPS server because only the problematic container would go down, but the other VPS server would be unaffected. Sometime, the high traffic from several websites in a shared hosting environment may hog all of the server’s resources, thus it makes other websites on that server to be unreachable. This cannot happen on a VPS server as each container may only use the dedicated resources that are allocated to it.
- Unlimited feature with VPS:
- Unlimited Bandwidth.
- Unlimited Addon Domains and Sub Domains.
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Unlimited software.
- Best Price: VPS has a price at the price of a high-end shared hosting service, it may be cheaper than a high-end shared hosting service. I also have ever used a shared hosting with 12$ per month. However, I cannot install magento 2 because the php version is very old. I requested shared hosting provider to update it but they cannot do it. Because it is shared hosting, it will effect to many website. So I decided to move my website to VPS server. I’m suprise when it cost 5$ per month. My website has 3000 visit per day.
Where you can buy vps for your website with the best service and cheapest price:
- I recomand you buy VPS on vultr. You will get 25$ credit to have vps free trial
- You also can buy VPS on digitalocean. You will get 25$ to use free vps when you buy via this link
How much does it cost for a vps server per month?
- It costs from 2.5$ per month on vultr with a vps: 20GB SSD storage, 1CPU, 512MB memory, 0.5TB bandwidth. You can choose more options here
- On digitalocean, the price from 5$ per month with a vps: 25GB SSD storage, 1CPU, 1GB memory, 1TB Bandwidth. You can choose more options here
How to buy and deploy a vps server?
It is so easy to buy a vps. However, I see that the credit card is required. So you must have a credit card. Now, you can choose a best vps provider as vultr or digitalocean. And you can follow step by step to create an account. The supporter will have you to verify your credit card. So please check your email carefully in inbox or spam. Maybe you will need take a photograph of your face with your ID and credit card on your hand. Please remember make blur the credit card number for securyty.